Level 2 Awareness of Mental Health Problems
The Level 2 Awareness of Mental Health Problems qualification is designed for anyone looking to develop their understanding of mental health and the causes of mental distress. This course will take 16 weeks to complete and consists of 4 written assessments.
This course is currently being subsidised by the college and is, therefore, free of charge at present UNLESS you fail to complete it; in which case you will be liable to pay £85 to cover the cost of materials and administration plus any registration costs that may have been incurred.
You will increase your knowledge of a range of mental health conditions and understand how these can affect people’s lives.
- Unit 01 – Understanding mental health
- Unit 02 – Understanding stress
- Unit 03 – Understanding anxiety
- Unit 04 – Understanding phobias
- Unit 05 – Understanding depression
- Unit 06 – Understanding postnatal depression
- Unit 07 – Understanding bipolar disorder
- Unit 08 – Understanding schizophrenia
- Unit 09 – Understanding dementia
- Unit 10 – Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 11 – Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – ADHD
- Unit 12 – Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – OCD
- Unit 13 – Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are between 19 and 23 yrs of age you must also have already achieved a full level 2 qualification ie the equivalent of 5 GCSE Grades A- C
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the attached instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line.
This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.
Learners are required to give written responses to questions provided with the learning materials. We recommend that learners complete and submit their written assessments electronically.
You will be required to submit 4 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete.
Courses are only free to people who have lived in England for the past 3 yrs, are aged 19 years or over and are not currently accessing any other government funded training.
Please note there is a non-completion fee of £85 if you have to be withdrawn from the course.