Level 2 Equality and Diversity
The aim of the free distance learning Level 2 Equality and Diversity course is to give learners an introduction to the issues around stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, to identify the basic rights that all people should enjoy and the shared values people have, and to examine the responsibility each person and organisation has in ensuring that barriers to participation in society are removed.
Learners will study the following three units:
- Equality and Diversity in Society
- Equality and Diversity in the Community
- Equality and Diversity in the Workplace.
On the free distance learning Level 2 Equality and Diversity course, you will learn the following units:
Unit 1: Equality and Diversity in Society
- Understand the meaning of equality
- Understand the types of discrimination and people’s protected characteristics
- Understand the effects of stereotyping and labelling
- Understand the ways in which people might choose to describe themselves
- Understand the meaning of shared identities and belonging to a number of different groups
- Understand the meaning of diversity
- Understand the effects of prejudice and discrimination
Unit 2: Equality and diversity in the community
- Understand the extent of diversity within a community
- Understand the value to communities in creating and maintaining a diverse environment
- Understand the potential inequality that can occur within a community
- Know about the support services and groups that exist within a community to ensure equality and diversity is maintained
Unit 3: Equality and Diversity in the workplace
- Understand how the place of work tries to create a diverse working environment
- Understand how workplaces can maintain and monitor equality and diversity
- Understand the value to the organisation in creating and maintaining a diverse environment
Due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are between 19-23 years of age you must also have already achieved a full level 2 qualification (or higher) or 5 GCSE Grades A*-C/Grade 9-4.
We will require evidence of this in order to receive funding for you.
If you are unsure of your level of literacy, please let us know.
Each candidate is required to give written responses to questions, which will be submitted to a qualified script marker to assess. These responses can either be handwritten in the assessment booklets, typed using electronic templates, which are provided at induction, or typed using our fully online EQUAL platform. Candidates are issued with workbooks or online materials to assist with assessments.
You will be required to submit 2 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete
Upon completion, you will receive an electronic certificate, which will be sent to you via email. A paper certificate can be issued upon request.
This distance learning Level 2 Equality and Diversity course is currently being subsidised by the college and is, therefore, free of charge at present UNLESS you fail to complete it; in which case you will be liable to pay £85 to cover the cost of materials.
Courses are fully funded subject to learner eligibility and changes in government funding. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss the eligibility criteria otherwise we will confirm eligibility upon receiving your application.
Need More Info?
Our frequently asked questions (FAQs) page will point you in the right direction.Our FAQ
Fees & Funding
Our Level 2 Distance Learning courses are now completely free of charge*.Our Fees & Funding
Need to ask a question or have a query our team of dedicated staff will help you.Contact Our Team