Level 2 Equality and Diversity
Level 2 Equality and Diversity
The aim of the Level 2 Equality and Diversity qualification is to give learners an introduction to the issues around stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, to identify the basic rights that all people should enjoy and the shared values people have, and to examine the responsibility each person and organisation has in ensuring that barriers to participation in society are removed.
This course is currently being subsidised by the college and is, therefore, free of charge at present UNLESS you fail to complete it; in which case you will be liable to pay £85 to cover the cost of materials and administration plus any registration costs that may have been incurred.
Courses are fully funded for people who have lived in England for the past three years and are classed as “home fee paying students”, are aged 19 yrs or over and are not currently accessing any other government funding.
Unit 1: Equality and Diversity in Society
- Understand the meaning of equality
- Understand the types of discrimination and people’s protected characteristics
- Understand the effects of stereotyping and labelling
- Understand the ways in which people might choose to describe themselves
- Understand the meaning of shared identities and belonging to a number of different groups
- Understand the meaning of diversity
- Understand the effects of prejudice and discrimination
Unit 2: Equality and diversity in the community
- Understand the extent of diversity within a community
- Understand the value to communities in creating and maintaining a diverse environment
- Understand the potential inequality that can occur within a community
- Know about the support services and groups that exist within a community to ensure equality and diversity is maintained
Unit 3: Equality and Diversity in the workplace
- Understand how the place of work tries to create a diverse working environment
- Understand how workplaces can maintain and monitor equality and diversity
- Understand the value to the organisation in creating and maintaining a diverse environment
Due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are between 19-23 years of age you must also have already achieved a full level 2 qualification (or higher) or 5 GCSE Grades A*-C/Grade 9-4.
We will require evidence of this in order to receive funding for you.
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the attached instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line. This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete. Instructions are available here, and more information can be found at www.learnmyway.com.
Each candidate is required to give written responses to questions in a work booklet, either handwritten answers or completion of the assessment booklet using an electronic template which can be provided.
You will be required to submit 2 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete
Need More Info?
Our frequently asked questions (FAQs) page will point you in the right direction.Our FAQ
Fees & Funding
Our Level 2 Distance Learning courses are now completely free of charge.Our Fees & Funding
Need to ask a question or have a query our team of dedicated staff will help you.Contact Our Team