Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
The free distance learning Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care course is suitable for anyone wanting to prepare for a role within adult social care in England. It covers a range of topics to develop knowledge of topics such as communication, safeguarding, duty of care and the role of the social are worker.
Some of the units you will cover are:
- Communication in adult social care settings
- Personal development in adult social care
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Understand the role of the social care worker.
The free distance learning Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care course consists of nine mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Unit 2: Principles of personal development in adult social care
- Unit 3: Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Unit 4: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 5: Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Unit 6: Understand the role of the social care worker
- Unit 7: Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Unit 8: Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Unit 9: Understand how to handle information in social care settings
Due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are between 19-23 years of age you must also have already achieved a full level 2 qualification (or higher) or 5 GCSE Grades A*-C/Grade 9-4.
We will require evidence of this in order to receive funding for you.
If you are unsure of your level of literacy, please let us know.
Each candidate is required to give written responses to questions, which will be submitted to a qualified script marker to assess. These responses can either be handwritten in the assessment booklets, typed using electronic templates, which are provided at induction, or typed using our fully online EQUAL platform. Candidates are issued with workbooks or online materials to assist with assessments.
You will be required to submit 4 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete.
Upon completion, you will receive an electronic certificate, which will be sent to you via email. A paper certificate can be issued upon request.
This course is currently being subsidised by the college and is, therefore, free of charge at present UNLESS you fail to complete it; in which case you will be liable to pay £85 to cover the cost of materials.
Courses are fully funded subject to learner eligibility and changes in government funding. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss the eligibility criteria otherwise we will confirm eligibility upon receiving your application.
Need More Info?
Our frequently asked questions (FAQs) page will point you in the right direction.Our FAQ
Fees & Funding
Our Level 2 Distance Learning courses are now completely free of charge*.Our Fees & Funding
Need to ask a question or have a query our team of dedicated staff will help you.Contact Our Team