Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
The Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care course is suitable for anyone wanting to prepare for a role within adult social care in England. It covers a range of topics to develop knowledge of topics such as communication, safeguarding, duty of care and the role of the social are worker.
This course is currently being subsidised by the college and is, therefore, free of charge at present UNLESS you fail to complete it; in which case you will be liable to pay £85 to cover the cost of materials and administration plus any registration costs that may have been incurred.
The qualification consists of 9 mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Unit 2: Principles of personal development in adult social care
- Unit 3: Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Unit 4: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 5: Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Unit 6: Understand the role of the social care worker
- Unit 7: Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Unit 8: Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Unit 9: Understand how to handle information in social care settings
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course, due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are between 19 and 23 yrs of age you must also have already achieved a full level 2 qualification ie the equivalent of 5 GCSE Grades A- C
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the following instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line. This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete. Instructions are available here, and more information can be found at www.learnmyway.com.
In addition you may find completion of the course easier if you have already completed a level 1 course in Adult Social Care.
This course will take 12 weeks to complete and consists of 3 written assessments.
Learners are required to give written responses to questions provided with the learning materials. We recommend that learners complete and submit their written assessments electronically.
Courses are only free to people who have lived in England for the past 3 yrs, are aged 19 years or over and are not currently accessing any other government funded training.
Please note there is a non-completion fee of £85 if you have to be withdrawn from the course.