Level 2 Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
The Level 2 Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent 12 week qualiﬁcation provides an opportunity to increase your knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and safeguarding, including online safety.
By completing the qualification, you will develop knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where you have a duty of care.
This course is currently being subsidised by the college and is, therefore, free of charge at present.
Unit 1: Understanding the Prevent Duty
- Understand the Prevent Duty
- Understand the terms radicalisation, extremism and terrorism
- Understand how to reduce the risk of radicalisation
Unit 2: Understaning Safeguarding
- Understand the term safeguarding
- Understand the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
- Know how to respond if abuse or harm is disclosed
Unit 3: Understanding Online Safety
- Understand the potential consequences of inappropriate or illegal online activity
- Understand how to reduce the risks posed online
- Know about potential signs and behavioural changes that could cause concern
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English literacy level 1 (or equivalent).
If you are between 19 and 23 yrs of age you must also have already achieved a full level 2 qualification ie the equivalent of 5 GCSE Grades A- C
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the attached instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line.
This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.
Each candidate is required to give written responses to questions in a work booklet, either handwritten answers or completion of the assessment booklet using an electronic template which can be provided.
Courses are only free to people who have lived in England for the past 3 yrs, are aged 19 years or over and are not currently accessing any other government funded training.
Please note there is a non-completion fee of £85 if you have to be withdrawn from the course.