Level 2 Principles of Dementia Care
The Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Care is suitable for candidates who wish to improve their knowledge and understanding of the condition of dementia, and of how to apply the principles of person-centered dementia care.
This course is currently being subsidised by the college and is, therefore, free of charge at present UNLESS you fail to complete it; in which case you will be liable to pay £85 to cover the cost of materials and administration plus any registration costs that may have been incurred.
- Unit 1: Dementia awareness
- Unit 2: The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Unit 3: Factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Unit 4: Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Unit 5: Administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Unit 6: Behaviour in the context of dementia
- Unit 7: Benefits of engaging in activities in social care
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this course, due to the nature and course delivery of distance learning we require all applicants to hold a minimum of English Literacy Level 1 or equivalent.
If you are between 19 and 23 yrs of age you must also have already achieved a full level 2 qualification ie the equivalent of 5 GCSE Grades A- C
If you are unsure of your level of literacy please read the instructions to undertake a literacy assessment on line. This will take no longer than 20 minutes to complete. Instructions are available here, and more information can be found at www.learnmyway.com.
This will take 12 weeks to complete and consists of 3 written assessments.
Each candidate is required to give written responses to a work booklet either handwritten or to complete the booklet using an electronic template.
You will be required to submit 3 assessments each taking 4 weeks to complete. The course is also available as an online programme.
For further information about the course specification please visit the awarding body’s web site.
Courses are only free to people who have lived in England for the past 3 yrs, are aged 19 years or over and are not currently accessing any other government funded training.
Please note there is a non-completion fee of £85 if you have to be withdrawn from the course.